More exercises to help you maintain level 4 and advance!
- Start with a little ATIS training exercise used by ENAC students.
- And now, how about revising your weather vocabulary? On the Weather Page you’ll find series of exercises: clouds/wind/visibility/turbulence, precipitation/runway conditions.
Remember: there are no short cuts to improving your English level! You’ll need about 50 hours of English study, including lots of listening, to gain just a half-level ICAO. Perhaps it’s time for a little grammar:
3. Try some aviation phrasal verbs
4. And, for a bit of amusement, listen to a grumpy French controller dealing with an English Sunday Pilot.
5. Learn about a jet blast incident
6. Now try a useful activity for gaining fluency: describing a picture
7. They, there, they’re and their are often confused. Learn to sort them out.
8. It’s time now to look at some useful grammar structures: how do we translate “faire faire quelque chose” ?
(under construction; more to come!)